Every running session brings surprise locomotives and stock, and these are just a few of the many visitors.
Jonathan Marcus brought a L.N.W.R. Holyhead express rake which looks right at home behind Paul Glover's lined black Patriot 'Giggleswick'. Like many of the 52 members of the class, No 5538 was only named a few years after it's 1933 build date. The immaculate lined black 4-6-0 is from a Lee Marsh limited run.
The train is led by a relatively rare double-ended brake, followed by a high-roof Third; then an arc-roof Third (giving the mix of roof profiles so typical of many L.N.W.R. trains of the period; then a high-roof composite; and a brake-third. The last carriage is a rather fine Cambrian Railways Brake tri-composite. John also built at least one of the slightly later Cambrian high-roof brake composites which sometimes made their way as far south as Euston.
A new Southern Railway Lord Nelson class No 854 'Howard of Effingham'. The Maunsell designed 4-6-0 was built at Eastleigh in October 1928, originally intended for heavy passenger work to the South coast and West of England. Simon Hill built this LN in original 1926 small chimney condition, with the early lined olive green livery. It was done in 300 hours, from an Iain Young ‘Sanspareil’ kit. Simon also machined the Alan Harris wheels and fitted a 135 degree inside crank and valve gear.
The Golden Valley branch line platform, with a G.W.R. 517 class 0-4-2T and four wheeled carriages. The goods shed is in the right hand background, with the station to the left. This view was taken a while ago with the old side tank loco waiting to be uncoupled. Lee has now arranged a 3D design file to produce a limited run of this class of locomotive. Beautifull example is a visiting loco made by Malcolm Mitchell from one of his own kits and painted by Alan Brackenborough.